We have the most dedicated staff, hands down! Our teachers give their heart and soul to their mission to serve our church.
We are blessed with qualified teachers, including Deacon Mark White our middle school religion teacher. It is a blessing to have his guidance, expertise, and faith example helping our middle schoolers form their faith. Read below for more about our dynamic middle school staff!
Mrs. Shelby Parr
Sixth Grade Homeroom
- Started at St. Matthew in 2021
- Something you can see her doing in her free time is being outside with her boys, crafting, playing board games, hanging down at our cabin, fishing, playing Animal Crossing.
- Teaching at a Catholic School is important because she gets to help students' find where they truly belong. In the classroom, the teacher gets to be a guiding light in their faithful journeys.
- Something you may not know about Mrs. Parr is she is fluent in American Sign Language.
- Favorite quote- "Never let the fear of striking out... keep you from playing the game"
Mrs. Joann Price
8th Grade Homeroom, 7/8 ELA
- Grew up in Chanhassen, Minnesota with five brothers and one sister. Attended Saint Hubert Catholic School.
- Graduated from the University of Saint Thomas with a BA in Communications and Speech and Theater and Masters in Education.
- Moved to Bellevue, Nebraska in 1992 and has been a part of the Community of Saint Matthew for the past twenty plus years. She has worn many hats including parent, room mom, school board member, fundraiser, music minister, substitute teacher, and full time teacher.
- Her three children attended and graduated from our parish school. Two of the three have since graduated from college and her youngest is a senior at Mercy High School.
- Mrs. Price taught for seven years in Chanhassen, Minnesota and four years at Saints Peter and Paul Catholic School in Omaha. She has been teaching at Saint Matthew since 2015. Her experiences as an educator and parent have given her many opportunities to experience the vital role of a quality faith-filled education in the lives of children.
Mrs. MaryJo Holdcroft
8th grade Homeroom, 7/8 Math/Science
- MaryJo has been teaching at St. Matthew since 2003.
- She attended the University of Nebraska-Lincoln where she earned a bachelors degree in education with a concentration in 7-12 math. She earned a Master's Degree in Middle School Education from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
- She previously taught in the BOOST program in San Diego, CA, and was a substitute teacher in Virginia and Hawaii.
- She has taught CCD for many years, and is now teaching 7th grade CCD here at St. Matthew.
- Mrs. Holdcroft is married to Rick and they have five children. She and her family have been parishioners at St. Matthew since 2002.
Deacon Mark White
Middle School Religion Teacher
- Mark White has been teaching middle school religion at St. Matthew's School since 2017.
- Deacon Mark is married to Barbara White, who is also St. Matthew's Extended Care Director. They have two sons, Benjamin and Mitchell, who are St. Matthew's alumni.
- He is a retired Air Force Veteran with over 24 years service. He worked for Catholic Charities in residential substance abuse treatment and is a licensed provisional alcohol and drug counselor.
- He has extensive experience in youth and religious formation to include Religious Education catechist (5th and 6th grades), RCIA catechist, Boy Scout leader and religious award counselor.
- Deacon Mark was ordained on May 6, 2017 and serves as Deacon at St. Matthew the Evangelist parish. He is also St. Matthew's Director of Religious Education and Safe Environment Coordinator.
Mrs. Ashley Wynne
7th Grade Homeroom/Middle School Social Studies/School Counselor
- Began teaching at St. Matthew in 2018
- 6-8 grade Social Studies
- She is also our School Guidance counselor and helps with student interventions
- Prior to teaching, she was a regular substitute at St. Matthew
- Graduated Iowa State University with a BS in History
- Currently working on obtaining a Master’s Degree in School Counseling from Creighton University
- Currently resides in Bellevue with her husband Joe, and two sons, Hunter and Luke
- Will be serving as a school counselor and Resource teacher for the 2019-20 school year in addition to her role in our middle school