Mrs. Jessica Dunning
- Jessica has been teaching Kindergarten since 2015.
- She graduated from the University of Nebraska - Omaha with a degree in Elementary Education and an emphasis in English as a Second Language. She recently received her Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education
- For both high school and elementary school, she attended Catholic schools (Roncalli and St. Bernard).
- Currently, Jessica and her husband live in Papillion with their great dane (our therapy dog, Nox) and their corgi!
Mrs. Lindsey Bohaty
First Grade Teacher
- Mrs. Bohaty has a husband and 3 daughters.
- She was a 1st grade teacher at St. Cecelia's before coming to St. Matthew in 2020
- She received her undergraduate degree from Peru State College.
Mrs. Alyssa Gahl
Second Grade Teacher
- Mrs. Gahl is an alum/graduate of Cardinal Spellman/St. Matthew School. She attended Cardinal Spellman in Pre-School, until the military moved her family to Maryland for 4 years. Then she attended St. Matthew 4th-8th grade.
- She graduated high school from Bellevue West and attended the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO), where she received her Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education with an endorsement in Special Education. She was a K-6 special education teacher in the Bellevue Public Schools for 6 years.
- She has taught at St. Matthew since 2017.
- Mrs. Gahl currently lives in Papillion with her husband and very energetic daughter, Sawyer and son Hayden!
Ms. Ashley Handzlik
Third Grade Teacher
- Ms. Handzlik started teaching at St. Matthew in 2020
- She was working at Sacred Heart in Omaha
- She loves sports espcially North Carolina Basketball
Mrs. Jean Harper
Fourth Grade Teacher
- Ms. Harper has been teaching at St. Matthew since 2018. She has done early childhood, resource para in a junior high, and substitute teaching for Millard, Westside, and All Saints Catholic School.
- She graduated from the University of Phoenix with a bachelor’s in elementary education, and a masters in curriculum and instruction.
- She has three daughters, and a 2 year old granddaughter.
Mr. Scott Eversole
Fifth Grade Teacher
- Scott started as our 7th Grade Homeroom and Middle School Language arts teacher on January 3rd, 2013. He became the 5th Grade teacher for the 2013-14 school year.
- He is married to Jodi Eversole and they have one son, Derek who attended St. Matthew School when it was Cardinal Spellman School.
- He retired from the Air Force in 2008 after 27 years of service in the Security, Computer, and Intelligence career fields.
- He attended the University of Nebraska at Omaha where he graduated with a degree in Sociology and Peru State College where he earned his Elementary Education degree. He was a substitute teacher for the Archdiocese and Bellevue Public Schools for four years.
- He was born in Virginia and grew up in Indiana, but after 20 years in Nebraska, now calls Bellevue home.